(Under 16 – Junior Black Belt with Red Stripe)
- A full understanding of Stances must be shown.
- All open hand strikes must be shown as basic and free style techniques.
- The ability to demonstrate the basic Blocks in free style and as Striking techniques.
- Tobi Nidan Geri – Jumping Double Kick
- Tobi Mawashi Geri – Jumping Roundhouse Kick
- Tobi Ushiro Geri – Jumping Back Kick
- Ushiro Mawashi Geri – Spinning Backward Roundhouse Kick
- Genksai Sho
- All persons attempting 1st Dan will be expected to demonstrate and ability in basic Tameshiwari, and have an understanding of the principles involved.
- Tameshiwari – 2 Boards with Seiken or Shuto
- Candidates must also hold a Certificate of Basic First Aid
- (Over 16) Candidates must hold an Association Referee Certificate Or a Level On Coaching Certificate